Friday, April 2, 2010

Work Place

What is a workplace? What? You do not know what it means? Honestly, do you know or not? If you do not know, you have a big problem! You should go back to kindergarten!! Oh, Oh, those are harsh words. Of couse, I know what it means. It is a place where you spend mst of your waking hours. What do you mean? There were some people that got caught sleeping on the job! They were even taped with loud snoring. Were this people given a second chance? Some probably did and some were not lucky, especially if you are asleep in front of the " big cheese". At that point, you really does not care, because you are in an exotic place resting on a hammock on a beach with a Margarita on one hand. When you wake up, you had a big smile on your face, which quickly disappeared when you saw many people all around you. All the eyes were focused on you, including the" big kahuna". You are so embarrased, but it was too late! Your hours are, or minutes are numbered! You are doomed!! No ifs, buts. Busted!!! How about those people that were lucky? Do you think they were investigated, and thay came out okay? What do you think will be good reasons for sleeping on the job? Let me think. I get it! The baby kept me up all night! Dumb! You do not have a baby. Right! But my sister does! And she was with me last night with her baby. Good response! How about insomnia? That is good, but since you cannot sleep, you should just have come to work! That is true! I was going to do that, but I thought, I will be a basket case at work. So, Itook i sleeping pill and voila! I fell asleep, the only problem is I cannot wake up and when I woke up, it was worst. I am more sleepy than ever! Well, I guess this is okay too. But how about, your dog or cat went to bed with you and kept you sleepless last night? Do you think this will fly? I think this is original. Who knows? It is worth a try! Meow!! Arf! Arf!!!How about the bosses at work? This is another problem in a workplace! Some bosses are good, some are not. How about a boss, that comes and check on you every 10 minutes. You are sooo mad, and if you can say something, you will. But it is not the time. These bosses and companies know that the economy is something to be desired, so they take advantage of employees. They take you for granted and squeeze everything yhey can from you. So, the employees just bear and grin for now. I bet you, if the economy improves, and companies are hiring, there will be an exodus, and they will say" Sayonara". Compassion is a thing of the past in companies. Come to think of it, are there still companies out there that is compassionate, nice to their employees and caters to their need? Perhaps, there are, but it will probably be only 1%. Prove me wrong!!
Posted by vs at 3/1/2010 2:39 PM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment