Saturday, April 3, 2010

Final Four

I was going to write something else today, but decided I do not want anything that spell doom and gloom on Easter weekend!!! Hence, I decided to write something on the NCAA Final Four!!!! I bet not everybody knows what the Final Four is! Am I right??? The Final Four are the 4 best teams in college basketball that remains standing after bouts of elimination!! From those four will emerge the 2010 National Champions!!! The men's college basketball games of the creme of the crop will be battled out at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana which is the nation's 13th largest city. The games will start today, the eve of Easter Sunday. We will see the Butler University's bulldogs play against Michigan State Spartans! Then there is West Virginia's Mountaineers against Duke's Blue Devils! Which ever team wins today will battle it out on Monday for the championship trophy!!! I have not really been following the games, but it has been in the news all the time! How could I miss it??? The players of the four great teams will again display their talent, toughness, and determination for the quest to be #1 in 2010 NCAA Basketball! Their coaches are more than ready for each other! Butler Bulldogs under the leadership of Brad Stevens is the underdog in the game with the Spartans. If Butler wins, they will undoubtedly be a Cinderella or " Cinderball" story! Is there such a word? Ha! Ha! Ha! Is that word a nice concoction or what???? Butler also has a home court advantage, which I think is not fair!!! What is not fair? The Spartans had the home court advantage last year in Detroit against North Carolina! Did they win, despite home advantage? No!! So, do not tell me about home court advantage!!! There you go, Spartans, you heard it from here! Go, green!!! Go, get the Bulldogs!!!! On the other hand, Michigan State Spartans, under the capable leadership of Tom Izzo, is very hungry for the trophy! After all, this is the second time they have been in the final four!!! I bet you that they are going with vengeance to get the trophy, even with 3 players that has injuries!Then there is Mike Krzyzewski's Duke Blue Devils. They are tall and physical. They are playing against Bob Huggins' West Virginia Mountaineers, who has a very good offense! West Virginia, I believe is the favorite to win the NCAA title. That remains to be seen with the Spartans! Besides, the ball is round and anything can happen!!A lot of people will not be able to watch tonight's basketball game, since there is an Easter Vigil mass. Oh, well. We have to be fed spiritually too!!! Who do you guys think will be victorious tonight??? The Bulldogs or the Spartans? The Blue Devils or The Mountaineers??? I guess we will just have to wait and see. The waiting is probably agonizing, not only to the coaches and players, but also with the fans of these four fine basketball teams!!!! Oh,well! Patience is a virtue!!! I salute these four teams and their coaches, but unfortunately, there will be winners and there will be losers. I hope the Spartans will conquer the Bulldogs tonight! GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!
Posted by vs at 4/3/2010 8:49 AM Add Comment

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you blogged about the basketball tournament. I couldn't care less. Then again,you still follow your alma mater, right?
    mlk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you do not care about the basketball tournament. What do you care about? Ping pong? Ha! Ha! Ha! Of course, I follow the Spartans!!!! GO GREEN!!!!
    vs

    ReplyDelete