Friday, April 2, 2010

Diet Fads

Everybody in their lifetime has done dieting or followed a diet fad. Why is that? We have an obsession to have a beautiful body, to be skinny. We were all raised to the way of life that to be beautiful, you have to be skinny!!! Look at all the celebrities we see on television, on the cover of magazines and on billboards! They are all beautiful and skinny! Too skinny, in fact, that they look like their clothes are hanging on skeletons or corpses! Ha! Ha! Ha! I am going to fall on my chair for laughing! Stop! Don't you think that description is too brutal? What do you guys and gals out there think? Is this too brutal, or just too honest? This is the reason why young actresses, singers, or wannabe celebrities are always forcing themselves after a meal to throw out the food they ate! Gross! Is that a good way not to get fat? Does that not hurt your throat putting your fingers inside your mouth to your throat to get yourself to throw up the food you ate? My goodness! Can you just imagine eating steak and lobster( Yum! Yum! Yum!), and it does not even stay on your stomach for a few minutes to digest, and out it goes! BAM!!! There goes your $30.00 entree! Up, up and away!!! Why don't these people just eat greasy hamburgers or hot dogs? At least their money will not be wasted and they will have a reason to throw up! Wait a minute. I like hamburgers, fat juicy hamburgers with tomatoes, mayo, lettuce and cheese,the whole works! Wow! How many calories are those? I do not care! All I can say is: Yummy!!!! Yummy!!! Yummy!!!! I also like the good old American food, hotdogs! Okay, then, you win! For me though and I assume, a few other people, hotdogs are not real food! Please do not assume. Then, how many out there think that hot dogs are not real food. Let me know! I know I am right on this! Besides, do you know what hotdogs are made of? Never mind, if I tell you, you would not want to know or you might stop eating it! Some people even go as far as starving themselves to death, resorting to bulimia! And this is a serious medical problem! Luckily, I do not know anybody that has this problem! For one thing, my family and friends like to eat! Yup! We are all eaters! We get sooo much pleasure in eating!! Better than s-e-x? No comparison!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! I am just kidding! These are two different categories! We are not comparing apples to oranges! Back to diets.There are so many diets that are out there, that it is hard to choose. I tried the cabbage soup. After a few days, I got tired of it, i do not want to see any more cabbage, green peppers and carrots! I even saw those vegetables in my dreams chasing me down the street!! Ha! Ha! They cornered me! I woke up and so glad it is just a dream. It looked so real! What do you mean, a dream? It was a nightmare!!!! So,I decided to go back to eating the real food! Then when I stepped on my friend, the scale ( I was hoping if I call the scale my friend I will get a better, lower reading! How bad could it be? Get a grip of yourself! You are sooo dumb! dumb! dumb! dumb!), I was wondering why the lost weight has tripled!!! Ay ya yay! Wake up!! You are in the real world! Next diet, a hospital diet for cardiac patients. Cardiac! This is a big word! Ha! Ha! I got smarter eating the cabbage soup! He! He! He! Do you believe that? This diet is just for three days, and is made up mostly of peanut butter, one toast, and grapefruit for breakfast, measured vegetables and meat or tuna with no mayo (Yuk!) for lunch or dinner. The only difference between lunch and dinner is the dessert, which is fruits or ice cream! You bet, vanilla ice cream! That is why I cannot wait to have dinner! I tend to pig (oink! oink!) out on the ice cream which is not good! Who cares? It is so yummy. I am not cheating anybody except myself! Did I lose weight, even with cheating? Yes, I did! Especially even if I ate the food that someone, who is not on the diet, try to sabotage my diet! Can you blame me for just tasting the food? Not really, especially, if you can smell the delicious aroma of the food in front of you!! Ohhhh, it is so good! Did I try any other diet fads? No, I did not! I think it is useless for me to go on diets, bacause, I have a sabottuer ( is there such a word?), and I really like to eat! No mercy with food, even on flea markets! Be wary though, of what you are going to taste. There maybe times that you are tempted to try a sample, only to be disgusted! A word of advice: If you are in unknown food territories, look, smell and try just a pinch, so you will not be disappointed!!!! I surely learned a big lesson on this one! Smell before you eat!!! Have a nice weekend, whatever is left of it!
Posted by vs at 3/14/2010 12:18 PM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment