Friday, April 2, 2010

Smoking

When I was little ( You are still little, Ha! Ha! Ha!), I used to watch with awe in the movies the men and women that were smoking. I thought it was sooo cool, with one hand holding a cigarette and the other hand holding a glass. And when the smoke comes out of their mouth and noses, I kept wondering how they did it. It looks sophisticated! And then the smoke comes out in a small circle, I was totally mesmerized. The movie stars have really glamourized the smoking habit! Can they be blamed for many people hooked up on cigarettes or tobacco? I think they are partly to be blamed, together with the companies for their advertisement! Did I get hooked up to it? First of all, did I even try to smoke? I did once and I was coughing like C..R..A..Z..Y.., and I was almost in tears. What a ham!! How stupid can I be! Everybody was watching me and I felt so dumb! Did I try it again? Of course.....Not!!! Ha! Ha! You thought I will say yes. Fooled you all, didn't I? I did not think it was for me. It tasted terrible!!! What is the correct way to smoke? There is no right way to smoke! Just flop ( this is not a nice word), okay, just raise your hand, be it left or right to your mouth, and dangle the cigarette or cigar on your mouth. Now are you giving the directions of how to smoke? My, oh, my, oh, my!!!! Of all people, you are going to tell us the art of smoking? Ya, right!!! Enough!!! Just put the the darn thing on your mouth, inhale and presto, you are smoking!! Why am saying this? I am not in favor of smoking! I do not know, maybe, just to say, break the ice? What do you mean break the ice? I do not see ice, only letters and words!!!! Okay, you win! Is that a joke? That was corny! Ha! Ha! Ha!What do people get from smoking? Do they get pleasure? Satisfaction? Or something else? I do not know. All I know is that they get a lot of things from smoking! Like what? Okay, they get bad breath ( smoker's breath!). Have you kissed a smoker? No, and I am glad I have not! He He! He! The smokers get nicotine stains, not only in their lips, but also, on their fingers! I have seen some with it! The smoker's get also health issues, like, cancer of the lungs or emphysema, to name a few. I have seen many of our friends, wherever they go, they are hauling with them the oxygen tank, to help them breathe! The oxygen tank is connected to a tubing to their nose to keep them alive. Sad, really sad. When you talk to them, they have a deep regret of why they have not quit smoking years ago. They suddenly go cold turkey, but it is too late. And they are not even that old!! What else do smokers get? A big dent on their wallets! Cigarettes are not cheap! They cost an arm and a leg. Smokers out there, why don't you just get a white typing paper, roll it and dangle it on your mouth? This will probably satisfy your nicotine cravings, besides, it will be cheap!!!! Better yet, roll different colors of typing paper,depending on your outfit or mood! Then you can start a fashion trend! How about that, smokers? Sounds like a good idea? Ha! Ha! Ha! Whenever you go to a place that has not banned smoking, you are reeking of the smell of cigarettes or tobacco. It is not only your clothes that are smelly, but everything else, including your hair!!! Now, the researchers are talking not only of second hand smoke, but also, a third hand smoke, the one that lingers on and on, on everything. So, whenever I am near a smoker, I try to leave. But sometimes you cannot. What do you do? I try to fan the smoke out of my face. How rude!! I do not care! I do not like the smell. Some people are nice enough to leave, some will extinguish their cigarette or cigar, and very few will ask if they can smoke. What do I say if asked if they can smoke? What do you think will I say?????
Posted by vs at 3/11/2010 9:16 AM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment