Friday, April 2, 2010

Wholesale Clubs

Wholesale clubs are very popular with many people, especially those with small businesses. Why is that? You buy items at a discount price and in bulk! Their items include cars, eyeglasses,flowers, grocery items, furniture, books, clothes, and others. It is a one stop shop! Wheee!!! This is fantastic! I do not have to go from store to store! I am in seventh heaven! I am going shopping!What do I do to get into the store? You have to have a membership card for a fee, either for a year, or a one day pass. The fee is reasonable if you use your card a lot. If you upgrade your status, you can get a 2% rebate. Is it worth to be a member? It is if you buy a lot of items in bulk, and you have the storage for it. When I go in the store, I get lost going from aisle to aisle, looking at the numerous items on the shelves, but they are all in bulk! If there are only a few of you in the household, you will be stuck with the items you bought for a long time! If it is a perishable food item, you can kiss your money goodbye! Bye! Bye! Bye! Sounds like a song by Justin Timberlake! Ha! How did I get into a song? Back to my real thing....Where am I? Buying in bulk! Ah! Okay. here goes. You will not be able to consume all of the vegetables or fruit before it becomes too ripe or rotten to eat, or a frozen item become expired! Sometimes you try, but you cannot. Waste! Waste! Waste! Why do I buy it even though I know it is too much? Impulse buying and greed! Hmmph! Also, because I know it is cheaper than in the grocery store! Is it still cheaper if you end up throwing it away? No, I do not think so. I have to make sure I have a list and stick to the list when I go there. Sometimes, this is easier than done!!!! Why is this easier said than done? For one thing, there are a lot of people giving out samples to taste! When you taste something good, and you like it, the next thing you know, the item mysteriously appears on your shopping cart! Who placed it in your cart? ET? Your evil twin? You were daydreaming and you do not recollect how it landed on your cart! Maybe the lady giving out the samples placed it on the your cart? A very good white lie! Hmmm.... Mysteriously appeared, my butt!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! When I pass the wholesale club, the parking lot is always full! Can you imagine if you have a business, your parking lot is full and the inside has a long line of shoppers? My, oh, my!!! Your business is really good, and booming!!! You have made it then in the business world. These warehouse clubs are really attracting many customers, I am sure, that it has taken some chunk of the grocery stores business. But is it really cheaper? First, you have to know the cost of your item and compare it. If you do not need it and will just buy it for the sake of buying, then you are doing a disservice to yourself. Think twice before grabbing an item! After all, we have a saying, ' A penny saved is a penny earned!" Right?I like going to this store on either a Saturday or Sunday. I can see many people nodding their heads and saying,"me too." Why? They are giving away many samples to taste! Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! I am just kidding! Ha! Ha! Ha! These two days are the busiest! If you are hungry, you will really get full!!! The samples range from an entree, snacks, dessert, to a drink!! Do you see samples in grocery stores? Not really! They have some, sometimes, cut up fruits and pastry, but it is not as plentiful as in the warehouse club!!!! This is part of the reason, I think, why there are sooo many people on a Saturday or Sunday. People cannot pass up a leisurely stroll in a warehouse club on the weekend, and be fed too!! How about a date in a warehouse club? That is the ultimate cheapskate! Really cheap!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Should I dare someone to ask a date to a warehouse club for a stroll? Oh, Oh, I can just imagine the response of the girl! Stop this silly notion! I am in hysterics. I cannot stop laughing!! What an imbecile to even think of this! Okay, enough!Anyway, there you go, if you like long lines on the cashier, and crowded aisles, then go on these two days,Saturday and Sunday. You will end up standing in line for who knows how long!!!! So be prepared!!!! Happy shopping!!!
Posted by vs at 3/19/2010 8:05 AM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment