Friday, April 2, 2010

Automated Systems

The automated system has been here for a long time, but I still get frustrated with it. I am sure that I am not the only one that yearns for the old fashioned way of having a real live person on the other line of a telephone. Raise your hands if you agree!! I see many hands!! Some people will say that is progress. I guess that is progress, but that eliminated somebody's job! The companies will probably say that they are saving a lot for doing this. They do not have to pay the voice, money and benefits, and no headaches with the voice. It cannot belong to a union, and so forth. They will probably say, get with it, it is here to stay, and if that is you on top of the company, you will do the same! I guess that is true, sad to say, but the computers are here to stay. Is that good or bad? It depends. We are starting to be like robots, especially the young generation, texting to their hearts content! They even have new lingo. We do not even think, our hands are doing all the walking and talking! I was wondering, with this new marvel of texting, are students good at English grammar and composition? Their lingo is all condensed and abreviated! Teachers out there, let us know what it did in their schoolwork! Every year, the automated systems are becoming more sophisticated, but not sophisticated enough for the ordinary people's run in every day with the voice! Here is an example of a telephone call. Hello. The other line says," Press 1 for this, press 2 for that, press 3 for this and that, and so on and on." You press 1, and the voice replies, "Please say your first name and spell it." Oh, my God! Is this a spelling bee? Or am I in kindergarten, I have to spell my name!!! Okay, let us play along. How hard can that be? Here goes: Girlie, G..I..R..L..I..E..! The voice says again, say and spell your first name. Okay, Girlie, G..I..R..L..I..E..! The third time,the voice says again, spell your first name. At this point, you are ready to throw away the telephone and hurl expletives #@*!!!! to the voice! You are sooo discouraged and frustrated that if you can choke the phone, you would have done it! Then the voice says, " It seems we have a problem, I will connect you to a customer service representative that can help you." Oh, my goodness, that is want I really want! What took so long?? Here you are, fuming, sweating and ready to have a heart attack for talking to a stupid, nameless voice, who seems to be a ninkampoof. Phone companies, please fix your gadgets, so customers won't be in a dire predicament! I can just imagine, you call 911 before you passed out. The reason for calling them: I got the anxiety attack from talking to a nameless voice on the phone! Wow! I wonder how many has been on the verge of a heart attack or actually had one talking on a nameless voice on the phone? Any statistics??? So, people out there, that is how you can get to customer service. You have to pass several hurdles to speak to a real person. No more feelings, one to one relationship, only a cold hearted machine on the other end waiting for your call!!Have a wonderful day!!! Keep smiling!!!
Posted by vs at 3/10/2010 10:45 AM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment