Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Bunny

Where have the Easter Bunnies gone?   I cannot help noticing on my trips to the shopping mall that this year, the Easter Bunnies are missing on their usual place at the mall at this time of the year!   In previous years, three to four weeks before Easter, there is an abundance of Easter bunnies and many children are lined up to get their pictures taken with the bunny.   Easter is fast approaching and you cannot get a glimpse of even one bunny!!!!  What happened?  Did I miss something?  Why were they driven away?   Is it again a religious fight?   If it is, why are Christians always the subject of harrassment?   And the Christians give up and do not even fight!!  Are we that small in numbers, or we are just law abiding citizens that are complacent with issues, and just take whatever is shoved in our throat?  We would rather just walk away and do not fight for our religious rights!!!  What do you think???  If the demise of the Easter Bunny is not religion, what is it then?   Is it because of the economy?   The businesses will not get a lot of business?   I am sure that if they set up, there will be a lot of chidren that will be lining up and cannot wait for their pictures taken!!!  Am I right or not??? Or perhaps, the demise is due to the fact that there are not too many children now???  Are we mostly a population of older people, that it is impossible for photographers/businesses to make money?  I guess gone are those yesteryears and tradition that we grew up in!  Which comes to my mind, do people still give out easter baskets?  I have been giving out easter baskets or goodies until last year, and I think, I will still be doing it this year and the years to come, God willing.  I am sure children and adults like receiving easter baskets.  Do we not?   After all, we are all young at heart and I am sure the people that I give the Easter baskets or goodies are so thankful and they kind of expect it from me, since I have been doing it year after year after year!   We all get a kick and pleasure, them for getting the Easter goodies and eating it, and me for giving it and eating,also!   Oh.Oh, there goes my hour glass figure!  Ha! Ha! Ha!   I do not care!  The easter candies are soo good, I cannot resist them.   Don't you all agree??  I see heads bobbing up and down!   Great!! And some of the candy is seasonal, they come out only on Easter!!!  Of course, the easter baskets are not as fancy from before, but it still has the easter grass!   How many of you are still following the tradition?  I do not see many hands up!!!!   Sad!!!!  Why??  Just got tired of it, no more kids or just plain laziness? You might also say, that Easter is just sooo commercialized so people forego Easter Bunnies, Easter Baskets and anything pertaining to Easter!   That is true in a way, the Easter bunny, and Easter chocolates are for businesses who usually thrive during this sacred day.  There are not so many Easter chocolates like the years before.  Did the chocolate factories cut down on the production too?  Sign of the times, that the econnomy is struggling, and people do not have jobs?  You might say yes, and people would rather spend their last penny on bread, milk and real food, instead of chocolates, candy or the Easter bunny!!!!  I guess that is true.  The economy really stinks!!!  Hopefully, the economy will turn around for the better and people will start having good jobs again!  Oh, oh, you are deviating again from the real topic.  Sigh!!!   Sorry.   Okay, back to Easter bunnies. Do you think the Easter Bunnies are just on hibernation or they completely disappeared on earth to extinction????  That remains to be seen!  Do you miss seeing the Easter Bunny?   Come on, tell the truth!!!!!  I do in a way, because they are also a reminder that spring has sprung!  Good old man winter is gone for awhile!  Hurray!!! And with spring, new beginnings are starting up, hopefully that will be the case with everybody.  Just take a look at the trees, grasses and flowers surrounding us!!!!   They are starting to be alive again!!! Am I talking prematurely?  No, I am not.   It is still cold, but we have been experiencing good weather nowadays that I can say, "Alleluia!!!   Here comes spring!!!!" But where is the Easter Bunny?  Should it come back from hibernation too???  What do you think???
Posted by vs at 3/25/2010 8:06 AM View Comments (2) Add Comment
Television Game Shows

No comments:

Post a Comment