Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Yesterday was one of the hardest days that I have been to myself. Why??? I went to a well known supermarket, I paid the cashier, and went home. It was a variety of items that I picked up from the store. When I was trying to clean up the junk on my purse, I glanced at the receipt I had. I do not know, but something told me to look at my receipt!!! Dingbat!!! Why did you not look at it when you were in the store??? I do not know! I was in la..la..land!!! Or blame it on the heat outside, my brain is fried!!! Fried brain!!!! I wonder how that taste??? Dip it in ketchup or ranch dressing???? You are sooo gross!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Are there brain on sale in some stores??? Yes, but I have not tasted it!!! Has anyone eaten it??? How was it??? Gross!!! Back to my receipt......I was sooo surprised when one item was rang not once, but twice by the cashier! That is right!!! The same item rang twice!!!! It was only $5.00 rang twice, but $5.00 is $5.00!!!! You are soo cheapo!!! Can you find $5.00 on the street??? Will someone give you $5.00 with no questions asked??? I rest my case!!! Anyway, what did you do when you found out about an extra $5.00 that was on your receipt?? I called up the store and told them what happened. The woman on the other line told me to just come in and go to customer service!!! At this time I was really upset with myself!!! Now I have to go back to the store! Oh,well, that is what you get for not paying attention!!!! I went there today and I explained what happened. I decided to return the item and I got my $10.00 back!!! I should be happy then. I was happy but then I had to make an effort to go to the store which is quite a distance from us! Thank goodness there was no line or I would have been cursing!!!! Just kidding!!!! No, you are not!!! I know you!!!! Oh,well. I should have learned my lesson already.

The other day I went to a grocery store, and I was gypped of $2.00 plus. I did not bother to go back and claim my $2.00 plus because of the hassle. My, my, my!!!! If there were a thousand customers that the grocery stores screw up for $2.00 per day, how much are they pocketing???? Customers like me will never learn, we are always in a hurry that we do not check the prices that we buy!!! Sometimes, I make a mental note. That is only sometimes!!!! It should be all the time!!!! Well, most of the time we are in a hurry. No excuses!!!! A little time taken might mean that you were not screwed with your money by the stores!!!! Talk about screw ups by stores! And I do not mean only the supermaket, or groceries, I also mean the fruit market and the stores with pharmacy!!!!

There was a time that I checked out from the store. I gave my money to the cashier, and she shortchanged me a lot!!! She told me that I gave her only $20.00, and not $50.00!!!! Do you think I budged from the line??? I know I am right, that I am not senile yet!!! Are you sure?? Ha! Ha! Ha! You are sooo crazy!!!! Of course I did not budge from the line!!!! I want my money!! I was really fuming, then, and if you can see me, I probably had smoke coming out of me from everywhere there was an opening in my body!! You are terrible!!!! Are you serious??? Hey, would you like to lose some money to someone you do not know??? What happened then??? The manager came out, took the cashiers box and they started reconciling the sale. Needless to say, I was right!!! I got my money back and an apology from the manager!!!

There was another instance that the cashier charge me $25.00 for an item that was only $2.50! What did I do??? It was a good thing that I knew how much my total should be. The cashier and I did not see the mistake when she was scanning the item!!! When she told me how much was the total, I was in horror!!! I knew what I bought!!! The next thing that happened was..... I poured the items in front of her and I looked for that item that was mis-scanned and presto!!!! there it was!!!! Years ago, there was a law that for every item incorrectly scanned, the store will pay $5.00!!!! Does anyone know if that is still in effect???

Lessons learned: Be very vigilant when you are checking out from the store!!! Make sure you are attentive to the amount of money you are giving to the cashier, and as much as possible, make a mental note of how much you are paying, so you are not overcharged!!!!! Every little amount of money counts, or should I say, every penny counts in this hard economy!!!!!
Posted by vs at 7/8/2010 1:50 PM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment