Thursday, June 3, 2010

Exercise

What is a very good exercise that will burn a lot of calories? There are plenty. Let us see. How about playing football or basketball? Forget those two! You cannot do it by yourself! How about backpacking??? Yikes!!! You have to go climb up and down the road in the wilderness!! There are many strange animals, and if you are by yourself, you might get lost!!! That is out of the question!!!! Okay, how about a high impact aerobics? I do not even know what that is!!! I have to enroll in a class to do that!! Swimming? If I do not have a swimming pool, I have to go to a public place! Forget that one also!!! Stair treadmill?? I have to buy or join a gym!!! Rope jumping??? Hmmm.... I have to buy one! Bowling??? Besides, being expensive, it does not burn a lot of calories!!!! Dancing? I have to find a partner! Golfing? That is a very expensive form of exercise!!! I am sure there are many other inexpensive ways to exercise that will not put a dent on your wallet!!! You are hopeless, I told you many forms of exercises and all you can say is no, no, no!!! I give up!!! No,please do not give up. I am sure if you think hard you can find something! DING...DING.... DING..... I got it!!!! Walking!!!! Bingo!!!! You got that right!!!!!Walking, jogging or running?? First, let us analyze what the differences are between the three?? Oh, oh, here she goes! She is going to put on her analytical cap! Not really, I am going to Wikipedia!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Running begins when both feet are off the ground with each step. Sprinting is running fast. Jogging is a form of running at a slow or leisurely pace, with less stress on the body. Jogging at 5mph burns a lot of calories! Walking, on the other hand, is different from running. Of course, it is! Shhh, let me finish!!! In walking, only one foot at a time leaves contact with the ground and there is a period of double support!!! It is a gentle, low impact exercise, and you do not need to practice!!! Hep, hep, hurray!!! We found an inexpensive way to exercise!!!!
A minimum walk of 30 to 60 minutes a day , 5 days a week, with correct posture has overall health benefits. I have seen meny of my friends lost weight because of walking everyday! I wish I can be like them. Maybe someday!!! Forget about someday! Someday is now!!! Now or never!! Wowie!!! Sounds like an Elvis Presley song!! Ha! Ha! Ha! You are sooo stupid!!!
Kidding aside, there are a growing number of people walking... in the parks, and at the malls. Just go to the mall, and watch. You will be amazed at how many people are walking. Some of them cannot hardly make that step, but they are still walking. I feel ashamed of myself when I see that, and here I am, just after two turns, I try to stop. Well, you have to start slowly. And gradually you will build your stamina!!! A word of caution: make sure that you have comfortable shoes and clothing, and that you have talk to your doctor before going to any exercise regimen! Sounds good??? Okay, America and Canada, let us all walk for a healthy country!!!
Posted by vs at 6/3/2010 9:14 AM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment