Monday, August 9, 2010

Cheese

Cheese, cheese, and more cheese!!!! Everybody likes cheese!!! What are you talking about?? Some people do not like cheese!!! Ooopsie!!!! Why??? Either they are lactose intolerant, or they just do not like cheese!!! Sure, they will eat some but not as much as the cheese lovers!!!!

Yes, sad to say, but cheese is not universal !!! Why do you say that??? Cheese is rarely found in East Asian dishes since lactose intolerance is common in that part of the world! Too bad because cheese is very versatile!!! It can be eaten by itself or added to other foods for cooking!!!!

Where did cheese originate?? Cheese came into being in prehistoric times. It is a diverse group of milk based food products, that is produced throughout the world in a wide range of flavors, textures and forms!!! There are a hundred different types of cheese, whether skimmed or pasteurized, and by animal origin, cow, goat, sheep, buffalo, horse or camel!!!

Which animal origin do you like??? I like cheese that originate from cows!!!! Let me tell you about my encounter with goat cheese. The well known chefs have been showing on television foods garnished with goat cheese. So, here I am in the grocery store buying goat cheese!!!! As soon as I opened it, I knew that I would not like it!!!! It had a smell and when I tasted it, Ayyayay!!!! Sorry, goat cheese lovers, and I know that there is a lot of you out there!!!! There is a distinct taste that someone should get used to!!! Needless to say, goat cheese is not my cup of tea!!!

What are some of the cheeses you know??? Cheddar, Mozzarella, Provolone, Edam, Parmesan, Gouda, Colby, Monterey Jack, Jarlsberg, Blue Cheese, Brie, Roquefort, Limburger, just to name a few!!! I have not tasted Roquefort or Limburger, which I believe has a pungent smell!!! Has anyone tasted these two cheeses??? Any comments????

How about Brie cheese?? It is a soft cheese, aged from the exterior inwards, and a mold forms a flexible white crust to the smooth texture of the cheese!!! I like it with fruits!!!! Slice an apple or pear, top it with Brie cheese, and it taste wonderful!!!! Try it, you will like it!!!!

I also like creamy Havarti, Edam and Gouda!!!! How about you all, what is your favorite chese??? Cheese is great for snacking!!! Just get a box of crackers, top it with cheese, and presto!!!! A good snack is born!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! I can tell you are a rat!!!! You really like cheese!!! Well, cheese taste good and it supplies a great deal of calcium, protein, phosphorus and fat!!!! Hold on!!!! Correction, please!!! Not all cheese taste good to me!!! You can say that again!!!!

Well, guys and gals, what are you waiting for???? Go, grab your favorite cheese and let's eat!!!!!
Posted by vs at 8/9/2010 8:04 AM Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment