Monday, August 30, 2010

62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

There are so many awards for actors and actresses that I thought the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy's is just for some actors that have not gotten any awards! Ha! Ha! Ha! How misinformed I was!!!! Oh, well. Now I know that there are different awards for different things, e.g. Academy Awards - film, Grammy Awards - music, Tony Awards - stage and Emmy Awards - primetime television programming. Does everyone know this except me??? Yup, you are the only one that is a ninkampoof in the group!!!! Well, at least you called me ninkampoof, not idiot or imbecile! Ninkampoof sounds better!!!! What does ninkampoof mean anyway???? Never mind, do not answer!!!! Like I said, you learn something new everyday!!! Sigh. And that is really true!!!!!

The name Emmy was chosen as the feminine of " immy," a nickname used for the image orthicon tubes that were common in early television cameras. To complement the name, a statuette was designed to depict a winged woman holding an atom which had become the symbol of excellence on television. The wings represent the muse of art, the atom the electron of science. The first Emmy award was presented on January 25,1949 at the Hollywood Athletic Club in Los Angeles.

It is also a glitzy occasion as can be seen with the celebrities with their flowing gowns and tuxedoes. The awards was hosted by Jimmy Fallon, comedian. He was imitating many singers, including Elton John, who I thought was on the show!

Who won?? I will only name a few: Kyra Sedgwick - Closer - first Emmy for best actress in a drama; Archie Panjabi - The Good Wife - first Emmy for best supporting actress in a drama; Aaron Paul - Breaking Bad - first Emmy for best supporting actor in a drama; Jim Parsons - The Big Bang Theory - First Emmy for best comedy actor; Edie Falco - Nurse Jackie - best comedy actress, her 4th Emmy winning the last 3 for her dramatic acting on the Sopranos; Top Chef - Best Reality competition; Bryan Craxston - Breaking Bad- best drama actor, his 3rd year in a row; Jane Lynch - Glee- best supporting actress in a comedy; Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution - outstanding reality program; Jeff Probst - Survivor - outstanding host for a reality or reality competition program.

There are only a few of the celebrities that won that I recognize. I have not watched some of these programs on television! That is because you only watch reality shows!!!! You are right, but for some reason, I would rather watch reality shows!!! I do not know why... maybe it is intriguing and juicier??? And we can somehow relate to the reality shows???? Who knows and who cares??? I just like to watch it!!! Period!!! Do you have a problem with that??? Yikes!!!! She is at war again!!! Okay, okay. Don't you guys agree that it is more fun to watch reality shows????? Come on.. see, I see many heads going up and down!!!!

Anyway, I did not finish the Emmy's last night. I got bored for some reason, so I turned the television off and went to sleep. How many did that??? Do not be bashful. Come on, let me see your hands!! I see there are a lot of hands that are up. I wonder why we got bored??? Who knows and who cares??? I think that is your favorite expression today!!! You are right again!!!!

Congratulations to the awardees!!! May you all have very many more succesful endeavors!!!!

Posted by vs at 8/30/2010 8:16 AM | Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment