Monday, September 20, 2010

Doctor's Office

Do you like going to the doctor??? Of course not, if I can help it!!!! Is this the same sentiment of everyone??? Yes??? When you go to your doctor, how long do you have to wait?? Thirty minutes??? Fifteen minutes??? One hour??? How about 1 hour and 40 minutes plus the half hour that you came early???? Yup!!! That is 2 hours waiting just to be called to come in and wait again in the examining room!!!!

What is it with doctors trying to overbook patients??? Do doctors think that patients do not have anything better to do than wait in the office all day long??? My gosh!!! The whole day was shot for me and my companion!!!!

We arrived in the doctor's office at 10:30 am. By 11: 15 am, the receptionist informed us that the doctor was running late!!! She was just seeing the 10 am patients!!!! My appointment was supposed to be at 11am!!! By 12:30 pm, I had it!!! I went to the receptionist and inquired how much longer I had to wait. She told me that the doctor was running 1 hour behind!!! I informed her that my appointment was already 1 1/2 hours late!!! She said," Oh, you will be called next." Ten long minutes had passed before I was called!!!! Alleluia!!! By that time, I was fuming, tired and hungry!!! The woman apologized profusely and was offering tea or coffee to cool me off!!! I refused everything!!! She then told me she was going to get my blood pressure, which I told her will be very high considering the stress and agony of waiting!!! True enough, my blood pressure was 140/110!!! And my blood pressure usually runs 110/70!!! Such dumb woman!!! I told her it will be no good!!! Oh, well.

Once inside the examining room, I waited again for the doctor for 25 minutes!!! Ay..ya..yay!!! This is toooooo much!!! I was not the only one either that was fuming for waiting sooooo long!!! How long do you think I saw the doctor??? A mere 2 minutes!!!! And for that, I had to pay a co- pay, and the insurance had to probably pay an arm and a leg!!!! Wow!!!! That is over 3 hours in a doctor's office!!! When I asked the receptionist what happened, she told me that the doctor cut some days!!! Aha!!! So, the doctor tried to shoved as many patients in one day!!! Someone pointed to me that they are also entitled to some days off!!! Oh, well.

Someone also mentioned this is a taste of what will be coming with the new health care!!! Patients will be waiting for a long, long time in the office before the doctor can see the patient!!!! My gosh, if that is true, the patients might as well get a number, go home and come back!!! Is this a good idea or what??? I cannot see people getting stuck in a doctor's office for hours!!! That is too cumbersome!!! Well, whether we like it or not, it will be coming!!!

So, what can we do??? Nothing really!!! The doctors will not really care if you are waiting for a long time, as long as they get paid!!! And they really get paid good, is it not???? I guess we have to have more patience??? Not, if you have to wait for over an hour or two hours!!!! I believe that is too much and is not really acceptable!!! What do you guys think??? Am I being too hard??? Comments, anyone????

Posted by vs at 9/20/2010 2:49 PM | Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment