Sunday, September 26, 2010

Apple Picking Continues.....

Did any of you go apple picking yesterday? Everyone had a good time? The weather was nice yesterday, although a little bit cold. A little bit cold? Ha! You were freezing! I cannot complain though because the sun was out, no rain and no snow!!!! Thank goodness!!!

We went to the apple orchard yesterday. It was a 35 minute drive. It was a nice drive and I noticed that the leaves are starting to change. We should really see the good color of autumn next month. I was sooo surprised to see how many people were in the orchard yesterday afternoon. I guess I was not the only one that thought of apple picking and apple cider!!! There were many families with children who were enjoying themselves!

It was a cold day, so we decided just to buy apples already picked! Chicken!!!! You bet!!! I had a long sleeve shirt with a jogging top but it was still cold for me. Oh, well, maybe some other time. So, what did you buy? I bought a few items. Among them a 1/2 peck of Gala apples which was $6.75. In the fruit market, gala apples usually cost $1.20 a pound. I do not really know how many pounds is in a peck! Who cares???? Ummmm.... it was sooo good, firm and crisp!! There were other varieties like honey crisp and delicious. Honey crisp apples was more expensive by one dollar. I do not think I have tasted honey crisp apples. I did not buy any because it was green in color, and I was afraid that it might taste a little sour. Has anyone tasted it? How does it taste?

I also bought a gallon of apple cider, half a dozen donuts, honey, and kettle corn. Do not ask me how much each of the items cost...I do not know. The honey was $6.99, and the popcorn was $5.00. You do not know how much are the cider and donuts??? Nope! All I know is that the total was about $29.00 plus and the store even gave us a free bag made of cloth!! Not a bad price for a variety of items that are fresh and good!!!

We decided to eat the donut while it was still hot and take a sip of the cider!!!! It was soooo yummy!!!! The donut was hot and fresh and the cider sweet and cold!! We did not stay very long because of the cold weather, but it was really a nice, short trip in the cider mill.

I ate the popcorn at home and it was really good!!!! I almost finished it!!!! Just kidding!!! Oink! Oink! Ha! Ha! Ha! You are sooo crazy! I should have bought the big bag for $9.00! Wow!!! It was sweet and salty!!!! I think I will have to go back to the orchard for the cider and popcorn!

Well, guys and gals, go on.... go to a cider mill and enjoy the day!!!! Have a safe and happy Sunday!!!

Posted by vs at 9/26/2010 10:58 AM | Add Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment