Sunday, December 26, 2021

REVIEW OF AL MAWAL RESTAURANT DECEMBER 26, 2021

 Are you tired of hamburgers, hot dogs and fries? How about a Middle Eastern food? I see heads nodding. I had a carryout of a combo tray for 3 ($ 23.99), from Al Mawal resstaurant in Sterling Heights, Michigan.  Tray was served with rice pilaf, 3 soups, small salad plate, 2 beef kabob, 2 chicken kabob, chicken cream chop, chicken tikka, beef shawarma, and chicken shawarma. Cost: $ 32.84, since I had an order of a large garlic sauce which probably cost $7.00.

It was a nice presentation, with the rice pilaf which covering the bottom of the whole tray. The meat were  nicely positioned on top of the rice, either shaped like a kabob or shredded. Seems to me that the meat taste the same but were just shaped different or shredded. Maybe it is just my taste buds? I like best the kabobs especially eaten with the garlic sauce. A word of advice with the garlic sauce....it taste good but very potent! What do you expect? It is garlic! 

The soup were pea soup, bean soup and vegetable soup. Pea soup was good, if you add salt and pepper. Bean soup was okay. Just okay? Yes, just okay. How about the vegetable soup? Oh, my! It is very sour. Too much tomato sauce? Maybe. If I am just ordering soup, I will not order this. It is too sour for my taste. 

Will I order this again? Yes, but I will request all pea soup!

That is all for now. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment