Thursday, December 9, 2021

A BAKERY REVIEW DECEMBER 9, 2021

Hi, everyone.....I am back......

Did you all miss me? Yes? Who cares? Oh, well. Whether you like it or not, here I am.

I thought today, I should write a review of a local bakery, Mannino's. I have been going to this bakery for a very long time and this is the first time I am writing a review of what I bought. Do you want to know what I bought from the bakery? I see heads bobbing up and down. 

Here goes: 12 ricotta cannolis, 12 double delights, and a small birthday cake ( maybe 5-6 inches?). Yummy!!!

Should I do the bad review or the good review first? Let 's do the negative review first.

Price: $ 56.31. I do not even know how much the cost of the cake is nor the individual items. I did not ask and the items were not listed individually in the receipt. So, I do not know. I know, I should have asked but I did not. What? Yes, I bought something that I do not know the cost. Yes, do not send me to buy something because I will just get it without knowing the price.I usually ask, but did not do this time. Next....

Small birthday cake. It is soooo cute! who cares of the size, it is a cutie with the design. All chocolate cake. Yummy? My daughter would not eat it after the first bite. First of all, it seems like just a box chocolate cake, in my opinion. Secondly, the frosting is just the regular sugar frosting. It is not even the buttercream frosting! I could have bought it at Kroger, would have been cheaper and taste better with buttercream frosting! Why am I saying that? I like the cakes at Kroger, it taste good and inexpensive. Whoa! Stop there....you are not reviewing Kroger's cakes, okay? So sorry, my brain sometimes wander. So, I am not sure now who will eat the cake. I am glad I only bought a small one. There goes my figure. What figure? Wink, wink. Ha! Ha! Ha! Maybe my hubby can eat it with me? We'll see. 

Twelve double delights. What are they? Balls ( oh,oh! Is that an obscene word? Shhhh....keep quiet). double chocolate balls. To me, they are glorified donut holes that are denser. It is okay. Just okay? If you are a chocolate lover, you will like it.

Twelve ricotta cannolis. They are the best! Everybody in my family loves it! This is the best cannoli I have tasted. No wonder they cannot keep up with the demand. You have to order it if you want it. I have stopped in the bakery several times for it and they are always out of it. 

That's all folks. Take care. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment