Friday, December 17, 2021

KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN REVIEW DECEMBER 17, 2021

A review of Kentucky fried chicken. What? Fried chicken. Kentucky fried chicken. Why? Why not? Chicken is good. Everyone loves chicken. Why Kentucky fried chicken? Well, as I said, why not? It is well known and "finger licking good," is it not?

Let us have a little history of the famous chicken. It was founded by Colonel Harland Sanders, at the age of 65, who started selling fried chicken from his roadside restaurant during the Great Depression. It originated in North Corbin, Kentucky. Wow! That young? I guess anybody at any age can be a sensation if you have the ambition and determination. Well, well, enough of the history lesson. I am here to review the food and not go into history lesson. Yes, Grouch. 

The restaurant I ordered the carry out was from Sterling Heights, Michigan. They had a special of 10 piece, 2 mashed potatoes with gravy, 1 cole slaw, 4 cookies, 4 biscuits and a humongous drink of your choice. I asked the cashier (bless her) if I can have 1 mashed, 1 french fries and macaroni and cheese. She was gracious enough to accommodate me. Total cost: $31.80. Not too bad.

The chicken was the original recipe. It was in a bucket which when I opened was just halfway the bucket. The pieces were very little, but were good. The mashed potatoes was creamy and they gave me 2 ssmall containers of gravy. Macaroni and cheese was Okay, but I have tasted better ones. Goodness gracious! This is fast food place, not an award winning  Michelin restaurant. You are soooo right! The cookies per my hubby was good. Well, with him, anything that is sweet is good. The cookies, chocolate chip, were wrapped individually. The biscuits, this time were very good and not salty. I ate it without honey. The humongous beverage was fruit punch which was good. I was given a plastic container to fill up from the pop dispenser. I made a mess, pushing 2 spouts at once, accidentally. A guy remarked, have a bath at Kentucky fried chicken! Ha! Ha! Ha! Plastic container can probably be re-used?

Are you all hungry now for the finger licking good chicken? 

That's all folks. Have a safe and blessed day. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment