Sunday, May 1, 2011

It Is Sunday- May 1, 2011 !!!!

It is Sunday, May 1st!!! So? Please do not give me an attitude today! Why?? Because I feel good!!! So? Let me tell you why it is a good day.

First, it is Divine Mercy Sunday. Divine Mercy Sunday is the Sunday after Easter which the Catholic Church has been celebrating since April 30, 2000. This is a promise that Jesus made for complete forgiveness of all sins and punishment! How do you get a complete pardon of sins?? One has to receive Holy Communion today after going to confession. Confession is a time for repentance. When one goes to confession, God is there with us and the priest. If you missed it today, when is the next Divine Mercy Sunday? If one missed today's indulgence, we have to wait until next year which is April 15, 2012!

The other thing that is great today is the beatification of Pope John Paul ll in Rome. A crowd of 1.5 million people gathered at St. Peter's Square to witness the celebration performed by Pope Benedict XVl. A giant photo of Pope John Paul ll was revealed as the crowd cried and applauded! I wished that I was there to have witnessed this extraordinary event, which is the first step in the process of declaring someone a saint! Now, he is one step closer to sainthood! Hip! Hip! Hooray!! I cannot help to reminisce when I was in Rome in 2009. When I stepped at St Peter's Square, I was in awe..this is one great place where pilgrims come and go and many important events in the Catholic Church has taken place. It gave me the goose bumps going through the Basilica and seeing many tourists from different religion and nationalities in one place! Which comes to my mind....why can't humanity get along?? Why can't we all get along??? You want me to answer that?? Never mind, I will answer it! I will sum it up in three simple words: Power, Greed and Money!!! Any comments, anyone???

Have a great day! May there be world peace! May God bless all of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment