Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cooking Pot Pie

Why am I talking about cooking?? First of all, I am not a chef and I am just so..so in cooking!! Why do you say that? Remember: never admit to your faults or shortcomings!! Yes, ma'm! Repeat after me: I am a great cook! Okay. I am an excellent cook! Ha! Ha! Ha! I turned it up a notch!!! Oh, my gosh! I do not know about you! Well, do you have a problem with that?? Of course not, carry on.....

I think I am really getting good at it, if I have a recipe! After all, it is just like in the chemistry lab following directions, is it not?? If you want to put it that way and it will make you happy!!! Anyway, I made some chicken pot pie the other day. How did it turn out? Pretty good! Except...Oh, oh...except what? I am so used to baking all the time at 350 that I set the oven at 350 instead of 425! So, I had to cook the pie longer! What else did you do? Instead of making the sauce, I did a shortcut. What was the shortcut? Adding a little bit of milk to the cream of chicken soup! How did it turn out? I was really satisfied with it!! Surprise! Surprise!! What else did you do with the recipe? I used ready-made pie crust. There is nothing wrong with that! You are right! The pie crust was delicious! But...But what?? How come I cannot get the pie crust out of the container without breaking it? It fell into pieces and my pie was not too good looking! What did you do? When I was peeling it in the container, it stated to break into pieces!! Did you defrost it? Not really! That is probably what your problem is!! Make sure it is defrosted next time before you peel it out of the container! Will do, thanks!

Even though my pot pie is not an A + in appearance or presentation, I think it was an A++ on taste!! Sez who??? Me!!! Who else?? Ay..ya ..yay....Why can't you wait for someone to tell you whether it is good or not?? Why?? I have a good sense of taste!! Who cooked it? Me!!! And I am soooo proud of myself!!! In fact I think I will give myself a pat on the back!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Want some??? It is sooo tasty!!! Soooo yummy!!!!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!!! God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment