Tuesday, January 11, 2022

CHICKEN SHACK REVIEW JANUARY 11, 2022

 Chicken! Chicken! Chicken! Are you tired of chicken? Perhaps. But there is nothing else to eat that is cheap except chicken, burgers and pizza! Don't you think chicken is better than pizza? Oooops.... I see many pizza lovers giving me a dirty look. So sorry. That is my cue to stop and go back to my topic.....chicken! 

What is my order? An order of super ( 12 piece chicken, whole slab of ribs and 2 sides) $50.99, and an order of large mushroom ( $8.49). Cost: $62.33. Since the order was online, there was a 20 % discount. Final cost: $50.43. 

Was the food good? We have ordered from Chicken Shack before, but it was always by phone or in the store. This is the first time that we ordered online and it was the day before. 

The chicken was broasted. What is broasted chicken? It is fried in oil inside a pressure cooker. The broasting technique began in 1954 when American businessman and inventor, L. A. M. Phelan combined parts of a deep fryer and pressure cooker as a way to cook chicken more quickly. With his invention, Phelan trademarked the words "broaster" and "broasted food ." Broasted chicken is healthier,  have less calories and up to 40 - 70 % less fat than frying. Why is that? Broasting uses only 1/4 cup of oil compared to 1 and 1 1/2 cup of oil for frying. Wow! You think you are smart now? Yes! Jealous, that I know this? Ha! Ha! Ha! Show off! Anyway, back to my topic....

I thought the chicken were kind of hard. I was wondering if the chicken were cooked a long time ago since the order was the day before? It did not taste fresh. Really? Yes. I know fresh chicken since I have eaten many. And then, there were 3 wings in the box. Three very small wings! I wonder if these were not from a chicken??? Did you eat it? Yes, I did. I did not want to eat it, but I was curious and did not want it to go to waste. How did it taste? Hard and alright. Oh, well. I learned my lesson. Which?? I will not order a day ahead!!

The slab of ribs were really good. It was probably because of the sauce, which reminded me of sweet Baby Ray sauce. The 2 sides were onion rings ( really good) and broasted potatoes with lots of butter ( there goes the calories!). 

The broasted mushrooms were really good. It was the first one to be finished, as usual. Yummy!

Please feel free to comment or give suggestions.

That is all for now. Until next time. Take care.   

No comments:

Post a Comment