Sunday, February 27, 2011

Made In America

Where are all the products made in America? Are there even any products made in America? Are American made products a thing of the past? Who is to be blamed for this? The government? The consumers? Or both?

Have you noticed that when you go to the deep discount places that most items, if not all, is made in China? The stores at the mall is no exception! Almost all is either made in China, Bangladesh, Mexico, or India, just to name a few countries. Why is that? Their wages are very low...lower than the wages in the United States! The products made overseas is dirt cheap, that is why American consumers buy it!

When I am in the store, be it in a discount store or a well known store at the mall, I make it a point to discourage people to buy anything made in China! Why? Why?? That is a stupid question!! First of all, look at the American economy as compared to China or other places! Our economy is something to be desired! We still have many, many, many unemployed people! Do not listen to what the government is saying about the unemployment! They are trying to make it good for them! Just see for yourself, unemployment is not what the government says! Did you know that there are many, many, many people in food stamps also? 14%! One out of 7 people has food stamps! Is that what we want for our beloved country? A country with no jobs and a bleak tomorrow?

So, what are we as citizens, have to do? I thought that someone have to start making clothes here. I would, but I do not have finances that will allow me to do it! Do I get a financier for this endeavor? Any takers??? Someone told me that it is impossible to make clothes here in America since labor is very high! That is true, but if we really want our country to survive, someone should take the initiative to do it! The clothes from other countries are not that cheap either! Panties for women at the mall is outrageously high! The pretty ones are averaging $6.00/piece or 5 for $24.00! I think that is kind of high! What do you think? In the deep discount places there are panties for $1.00/piece, but can you use it? Of course not! I bought one, and it does not stay on my waist! That is a waste of a dollar! Return it then? So that you can waste the precious gas? I will just trow it away and not buy anyat the deep discount store! I learned my lesson! Am I right? Of course, I am!

So, all Americans should boycott any products made in China or other countries! Let us just buy products made and manufactured in the USA!!! We, as citizens need to band together so the United States will once more be a great nation!!!!! Need I say more???

No comments:

Post a Comment