Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jeopardy, 02142011

Boring! Boring! Boring! That is how Jeopardy appeared to me with Watson, IBM's artificial intelligence software debut yesterday! Watson seems soo cold, stiff and weird!!! Watson was pitted against the best of the best Jeopardy champions, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter.

When I saw the computer, I was thinking what the heck was the purpose of the showdown between a machine and human? Is it to tell us that machines have better memory and better intelligence? Well, yes and no! I agree that as a human being matures, the memory is something to be desired whereas machines do not age! But machines is only as good as its operators! And it does not have any emotions!

When I was watching the show, I can see that the machine was much faster than Ken Jennings or Brad Rutter with their fingers! Watson also made mistakes and in one instance, copied Jenning's wrong answer! Was this just done on purpose, just so we would not be too bored? Hmmmm.....Too late! I was sooo bored to death! I hope Jeopardy's future shows will be all human beings competing with each other! We do not need more machines to watch! We are aready inundated with machines left and right! We do not need one to watch for our enjoyment because I do not get the thrill and edga watching a machine compete!

What was Jeopardy thinking??? I hope that they stick to their usual programming! That is...human beings and not some made up machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment